Monday, January 26, 2009

What shall I pray mom?

One day, I read my e-mail with my daughter besides me. One of the email was about the cruelty of Israel against Palestine and the called to boycott the products that support Israel. Then slowly my daughter went to sit on bed and cried quietly. I stopped my reading and asked her what made her cry? Then she started to aked me about the pictures of war victims that I received, what was happening, where it happened, why and so on. I explained to her in simple language as I can. Then she asked me about the products pictures. Once again I explained to her, she did not stop crying, "Mama, we cannot eat Maggi, but we have eaten it". (We ate Myojo before that). I have to make her understand the different of Maggi and noodles, because for her any instant noodles is Maggi.

The story does not stop there. She then announced to her brothers (still crying) that they cannot eat Maggi anymore because it will make Israel richer and buy the weapons to kill Muslim. Again I have to explain to my sons what she meant by that. One evening while watching TV, suddenly my youngest son crying besides me. "Mom, I don't want to die". He really surprised me. The TV was not showing anything about death, why should he think about that? I asked him why, he asked me back about the bad people who killed muslim, where it happened, does it happen in Australia, will the bad guys come over to Australia to kill muslim if there's no Muslim anymore in Palestine? Masya Allah, this child think too much. He heard her sister told the story to their brothers and got scared. I calmed him and said to him, bad people is everywhere as well as good people, Hasif can help good people by praying to Allah. "I don't know how to pray, what shall I pray mom?".

See, the little children are very sensitive. They have their concern towards other people. They cannot think as an adult but they able to show their care. Until today they will remind me not to buy Maggi (because only that product they know) even though they like to eat that. If the children can do that, why not we as brilliant grown-up have that care and concern too? Let us pray to Allah SWT to give strength and reward success to Muslim. May Allah assist the Muslim against kaafirun as He helped Muslim in Badar. Allahuakbar!!

1 comment:

  1. Some Palestinians are dead,
    some are living, but... most are not yet born.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you...!