Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rainbows and Smiles Day

Source: Canning Times, Tuesday, April 14, 2009, p. 11

On 7th April 2009, Bentley Primary School organized Rainbows and Smiles day before they break for school holidays. Iffah was excited, "Mama, teacher said my picture will be posted in the newspaper,". Everyday she asked me when will they send the newspaper (the community newspapers like Examiner and Canning Times which publish once a week are sent to resident home). I asked her, which newspaper but she didn't know. At last, on April 14, the event was published in Canning Times (see newspaper cutting above). Unfortunately, the Canning Times mistakenly put different picture but with her name printed - Iffah Shalin. It was good though that this activity was reported in the newspaper, however it has a role and responsibility to double check the picture and caption before publishing it. Iffah was a bit dissapponted but yet she was still happy because her name was there as I remembered she said, "still, my name is there". Her positive thinking has touched my heart. This is what all parents want from their children to think positive and not easily get frustated. Bravo Iffah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you...!