Thursday, August 28, 2008

My First Trial

Hai! See ya again! My children and I have been longing to eat doughnut. Since 6 months we're here, we didn't taste any. Of course, there're many doughnuts sell at the shopping centre but its not halal. My hubby said at his uni there's one stall that sell halal doughnut. Craving for it, last Friday I asked him to buy the doughnut. Yeeaahh!!! My children were happy they got chocolate doughnut! But, Masha-Allah, five doughnuts cost my hubby more than 11 AUD, one doughnut was about $2.50.

Then, I surfed through the internet looking for the recipe, I found one! Without delayed, I tried to cook the doughnut. The taste was good and it was soft too.My children were more than happy and I felt satisfied, no need to buy doughnut anymore!

This is my first doughnut, yummy!

The recipe:

Ingredients

31/2 teaspoon of instant dry yeast
1/4 cup of warm water
11/2 cup of fresh milk (room temperature or heated)
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup of butter
5 cups of plain flour
oil for frying
optional: potato mashed

Direction

1. Mix warm water and yeast in a big bowl, leave it for 5 minutes or until foamy.
2. Add in milk, salt, sugar, egg, butter and 2 cups plain flour. Mix them thoroughly. Add gradually the rest of the plain flour until it form a dough. Knead the dough until it become smooth and unsticky.
3. Cover the bowl with damp cloth or plastic wrap, leave the dough in the room temperature until it raise up two times of its original size.
4. Sprinkle flour on the rolling board, roll the dough for about 1/2 inch thick, cut the dough with doughnut cutter.
5. Cover the dough ut with dry cloth and leave it for about 30 minutes.
6. Heat the oil, fry with low/medium heat until golden colour.
7. Sprinkle the icing sugar or castor sugar while it still hot.

On the same day, may be I was in the mood of trying new recipes, I also made the Lemon Cheesecake (I miss Secret Recipe's cake). But my cheesecake was not so firm, I have to put in the freezer and it cannot be out of the freezer for a long time, we have to eat it immediately! But it taste delicious! Here is the picture of Lemon Cheesecake.

Isn't it look delicious?

The recipe:

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup cookies crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine - melted
1 (1/4 ounce) plain jelly
1/3 cup cold water
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
16 ounce cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar

Direction

1. Combine crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and margarine, reserve 1/2 cup.
2. Press remaining onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
3. Soften jelly in water, stir over low heat until dissolved
4. Add juice, egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar and peel, cook, stirring constantly over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Gradually add to cream cheese, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
6. Beat eggs whites until foamy, gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar beating until stiff peak form.
7. Fold into cream cheese mixture, pour over crust.
8. Top with reserved crumbs, chill until firm.

(I also add 250ml whipping cream)

Aren't they simple? Try it....

5 comments:

  1. kak... balik sini nanti bolehlah bukak class memasak, ajar kami kat sini ekkk....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey An! the doughnuts ...yummy... Really miss u

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing u n family happy ramadhan al-mubarak.its gonna be fantastic xperience fasting d perantauan

    ReplyDelete
  4. TQ..takdalah sampai buat kelas memasak, share resepi bolehlah

    confidante,
    Happy Ramadhan, Mabruk to you too, miss you too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you...!